When you sign up for or use our products, you voluntarily give us certain information. This can include your name, profile photo, contributions, comments, likes, email address you used to sign up, and any other information you provide us. If you’re using StyleWiki on your mobile device, you can also choose to provide us with location data.
You also may give us permission to access your information in other services. For example, you may link your Facebook or google+ account to StyleWiki, which allows us to obtain information from those accounts (e.g., your friends or contacts). The information we obtain from those services often depends on your settings or their privacy policies, so be sure to check what those are.
These days, whenever you use a website, mobile application, or other Internet service, there’s certain information that almost always gets created and recorded automatically. The same is true when you use our products. Here are some of the types of information we collect:
• Log Data. When you use StyleWiki or go to a webpage or use an app that has StyleWiki features, our servers automatically record information (“log data”) including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you’re using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web pages you visited that had StyleWiki features, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used StyleWiki and cookie data.
• Device Information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you’re using StyleWiki on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you’re using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
• Suggesting swikis you might like. For example, if you’ve indicated that you’re interested in seoul street style or visited linked websites that has StyleWiki features, we may suggest seoul-related swikis or people that we think you might like;
• Showing you ads you might be interested in.
• Send you updates (such as when certain activity, like or comments, happens on StyleWiki), newsletters, marketing materials and other information that may be of interest to you. For example, depending on your email notification settings, we may send you weekly updates that include swikis you may like. You can decide to stop getting these updates by updating your account settings (or through other settings we may provide).
• Help your friends and contacts find you on StyleWiki. For example, if you sign up using a Facebook account, we may help your Facebook friends find your account on StyleWiki when they first sign up for StyleWiki. Or, we may allow people to search for your account on StyleWiki using your email address.
• Respond to your questions or comments.
The information we collect may be “personally identifiable” (meaning it can be used to specifically identify you as a unique person) or “non-personally identifiable” (meaning it can’t be used to specifically identify you). We use both types of information, and combinations of both types, as described above.
• Access and change information in your profile page at any time, choose whether your profile page is available to search engines, or choose whether others can find your StyleWiki account using your email address;
• Link or unlink your StyleWiki account from an account on another service (e.g., Facebook or Twitter). For some services (like Facebook), you can also choose whether or not to publish your activity on StyleWiki to that service.
• Close your account at any time. When you close your account, we’ll deactivate it and remove your swikis from StyleWiki. We may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including to help address fraud and spam).
• The browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage;
• Your mobile device may provide you with choices around how and whether location or other data is shared with us.
To learn more about these choices, please see the information provided by the device or software provider.
• When we have your consent. This includes sharing information with other services (like Facebook or Twitter) when you’ve chosen to link to your StyleWiki account to those services or publish your activity on StyleWiki to them. For example, you can choose to publish your swikis to Facebook or Twitter.
• If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or StyleWiki; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
• We may engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this Policy.
We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners or others. For example, we may tell a business using StyleWiki how many people like something they shared, or the percentage of people who click on swiki after viewing it.